Apple Health can automatically send data from different sources to your mission(s) on My Virtual Mission.
If you have already set up Apple Health and are looking for information on how to manage the Apple Health data then please read this article
To get set up with Apple Health you need an iPhone with Apple Health installed and collecting data about your movement and activities.
You also need a My Virtual Mission account which has an active My Virtual Mission premium subscription.
You need to install the My Virtual Mission iPhone app from the App Store onto your iPhone
Now all you need to do is follow the steps below
- Open and login to the My Virtual Mission app on your iPhone (must be the app, not website)
- Go to to the main menu in the app
- Tap on "My Settings" (NOT "My Connections!")
- From the settings page, tap the red "Apple Health" button
- Enable Apple Health
- This will trigger the Health app to ask you for some permissions to read your data from Health.
- Select which categories to turn on. It's best to turn all of them on.
- At the top right of the screen, tap "Allow"
- IMPORTANT - You will be back in the MVM settings. You must click "Save" at the bottom! A confirmation message should appear to indicate your settings are saved.
Now that you are set up with Apple Health it is very important to learn how to manage your Apple Health data sources to avoid duplicates.
Here is an article on how to manage your Apple Health connection
Video: How to connect with to Apple Health