We realize how frustrating it is when things that are supposed to work, don't work.
Some Strava users are reporting a delay in Strava sending their Strava activity to My Virtual Mission. We are monitoring this but it seems to be related to Strava's huge increase in users and activities due to the COVID-19 situation.
Here are some Strava troubleshooting tips - please read them carefully as they solve 99.9% of problems.
- Your privacy settings in Strava MUST be set as viewable by "Everyone" or "Followers". This can be found in the Strava app from, Settings>>>Privacy Controls>>>Activities
- Only distances AFTER you connect Strava to MVM will come in. i.e. It will not import any distances prior to the time you make the connection
- If having issues, please double check that you have connected MVM to the correct Strava account. Some people accidentally have 2 Strava accounts with one being active and one being inactive. (Usually if they sign up with Facebook and then email)
- Sometimes there can be a delay of a few hours from when you complete a Strava activity and when it gets sent to MVM
- For some reason, sometimes the first distance you post in Strava after connecting to MVM doesn't come through. Keep an eye out and you may have to manually enter that first one.
- Group mission posting permissions - If you are on a group mission, the mission admin may have disabled Strava which means you are not allowed to post distances to that mission via Strava. They may have also disabled running or cycling. Please check with the group mission admin.
- Person posting preferences - You may have intentionally or accidentally disabled Strava as a source for a mission. On the app you can check by going to "Me and my missions", and clicking the little "+" symbol to view what sources and types you allow to be posted to a mission. Check out the article here for more on this.
- If none of this works then delete your Strava connection from MVM and wait 24 hours and reconnect.
- Please note: If you delete a distance in Strava it will not be deleted in MVM. You will need to delete it manually.
- Sometimes at Strava's end they have timeouts and miss sending us data. This shouldn't occur regularly though.
Can't Connect to Strava via Google Sign In?
If you access your Strava account via Google Sign In then you will not be able to establish the connection via the MVM mobile app due to a change that Google has made. You can just log in to your MVM account at www.myvirtualmission.com and set up the connection there. Your Strava distances will then be applied to your missions.
We hope this helps with getting set up with Strava and My Virtual Mission.