If you have not connected your Fitbit to The Conqueror App yet, please click here for the step by step guide to do this.
We now receive 2 types of data from Fitbit:
- Steps - steps taken while wearing the fitbit.
- "Exercise" - activity that has been recorded after tapping "Exercise" on the Fitbit. (any steps that occur during an "exercise" will be ignored from your steps.)
Steps will post to your mission once per 24 hours at midnight. You can also manually post step using the instructions below. The steps will be back dated to the day they occurred.
"Exercise" distances (which we will only use the steps recorded in that exercise) will post to The Conqueror App once the Fitbit has synced with the Fitbit App. (Please note the exact time it will take to appear in The Conqueror will vary depending on how busy both Fitbit and The Conqueror databases are at the time)
Other things to be aware of:
1. Your first Fitbit steps will be posted to your mission the day after you connect your Fitbit. (as long as you have internet access)
2. The steps that The Conqueror will sync with is the only the data that has been synced with the Fitbit App on your Smart Phone. Therefore if the Fitbit has not synced with the Smart Phone we cannot receive this data. If the Fitbit has not synced with the Smart Phone App for multiple days, when it does, the "Steps" from previous days will sync with The Conqueror immediately, as will the "Exercise" that has been completed.
3. Make sure that the time zone of your Fitbit account matches with the time zone in your The Conqueror Settings.
4. Make sure that for each mission that you want your Fitbit data to post to, that your posting preferences are set up correctly. See this article about posting preferences. The default setting is to post all data to all missions so unless you have changed anything, you will be set up ok.
5. Please check that your privacy settings in you Fitbit account are not preventing Fitbit from sending us your data. (Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Fitbit in The Conqueror should prompt these options to show)
Extra Note for Corporate Wellness Missions:
Check with the mission admin that they are allowing Fitbit as a source and check they allow the exercise type such as walking (or whatever you are trying to post) to the mission. Some admins elect to disable some sources and types e.g. 'Strava only" missions that don't want people posting walking distances.
MANUAL POSTING OF STEPS
Once you have successfully connected your Fitbit to The Conqueror App there is now a way to manually post your steps from the current day.
In the Conqueror App tap the "Progress" icon at the bottom left hand corner of the screen and you will see the pending steps for the day that your Fitbit App has sent to our database. By tapping that box you will have the option of posting these steps immediately rather than waiting to the end of the day.
Please note that if you are on more than 1 challenge the challenges that appear on this screen (and are not greyed out) will receive the steps. You can tap on the challenge icon to toggle it on or off.
Steps that have been done during an "Exercise" on your Fitbit device will not be shown in the pending steps. These will have already been sent to The Conqueror separately with the specific exercise type.
- Make sure that for each challenge that you want your Fitbit data to post to, that your posting preferences are set up correctly for that challenge. To know how to setup the posting preferences, please read this article by clicking here.
- Make sure that you sync your Fitbit device daily with your Fitbit account. The automation to sync distances is everyday at 2am your local time This would be for the distances covered the previous day and apply it to your mission. If there is no data for that day in your Fitbit account at the time we check for it then nothing will come through. Even if you sync once per week, it will only bring in the data for the previous day. To sync the Fitbit data from your watch to your Fitbit account you first need to turn the Bluetooth on both your Phone and your Watch and then open the app you should get the following notification:
- After sync is complete, you should get:
- You need to do this everyday so your distances can properly sync to The Conquer app and to your challenges.
- If after doing all this troubleshooting your devices is still not sync, email support at [email protected] with the following details: The app that you are using (The Conqueror or My Virtual Mission), Phone that your are using (E.G iPhone X, etc), your current Operating System and anything relevant for us to improve our connection. For some reason for 1% of our users, the Fitbit connection does not sync distances at all. This information will help us find the issues for improvements in the next app update.